On this page, you will find a quick description of resources available for companies in the West Bank and Gaza considering investing in the United States or trading with American companies, as well as some suggestions for getting started.
Investing in and Importing to the USA
President Obama announced the SelectUSA initiative to showcase the United States as the world’s premier business location and to provide easy access to federal-level programs and services related to business investment. SelectUSA is designed to complement the activities of our states—the primary drivers of economic development in the United States.
Information provided includes:
- A searchable guide of federal programs and services available to businesses operating in the United States—including grants, loans, loan guarantees, and tax incentives;
- Industry snapshots that describe the competitive landscape; and
- A catalogue on “Why to Select the USA?” that explains the advantages of operating a business in the United States.
In addition, the site offers a clickable map of the United States to direct our business visitors to individual states’ economic development agencies—their principal partners in the site selection process.
Following are some practical steps a potential investor or importer should follow to make best use of USG services.
- Visit the SelectUSA.gov website to obtain general information about investing in and importing to the United States. SelectUSA seeks to highlight the many advantages the United States offers as location for business and investment. From a vast domestic market, to a transparent legal system, to the most innovative companies in the world, America is the place for business. On the website you can browse business incentives offered by different states and territories.
- Visit the U.S. Small Business Administration website for help with starting a small or medium business in the U.S.
- Visit the Overseas Private Investment Corporation website, U.S. Trade and Development Agency website, and the Export-Import Bank website for information on financing and grants to promote U.S. exports and trade.
- Visit the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s import website for information on import programs administered by the Department of Agriculture and other helpful information on importing agricultural goods to the U.S.
- For assistance and information about exporting to the United States, visit the website of U.S. Customs, which handles all importing related questions and issues associated with bringing products into the United States, and the Department of Agriculture’s Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) website which handles the import of plant products into the U.S.