The U.S. Consulate General in Jerusalem advises U.S. citizens to defer travel to Bethlehem and surrounding communities until further notice due to ongoing clashes between Israeli security forces and Palestinian residents, and security incidents in and around Bethlehem. The Consulate General recommends U.S. citizens review the Department of State’s Travel Warning for Israel, the West Bank, and Gaza issued on December 16, 2015 for additional guidance on the security environment.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warning for Israel, the West Bank and Gaza, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Israel, the West Bank and Gaza.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Tel Aviv, located at 71 Hayarkon, telephone (972) (3) 519-7575. The Consulate General in Jerusalem is located at 14 David Flusser, telephone (972) (2) 622-7230. If you are a U.S. citizen in need of urgent assistance outside of business hours, you may call the emergency after-hours number either in Tel Aviv at (972) (3) 519-7551 or Jerusalem at (972) (2) 622-7250.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.