Effective April 2, 2018, the passport execution fee will increase from $25 to $35.  The $10 execution fee increase applies to U.S. passport applicants using the DS-11 form including: first-time applicants over age 16, children under age 16, and applicants who reapply after reporting their previous passport lost or stolen.

Customers applying with the DS-11 form at a U.S. embassy or consulate abroad pay two separate fees: an application fee to the U.S. Department of State and the execution fee to the Passport Acceptance Facility (such as a post office in the United States or a U.S. embassy or consulate abroad).  Accordingly, the total passport fee for such applicants will increase by $10 in total.

The $10 fee increase does not apply to adults eligible to renew their passport using the DS-82 form.

The Department of State published a Final Rule confirming this fee change on January 31, 2018.

For questions, please contact us at

More information can be found on the Department of State’s Website at:


Please note that the American Citizen Services section of the Consulate General Jerusalem will be closed on the following days:

  • December 25, 2017     Christmas Day
  • January 01, 2018         New Years Day
  • January 15, 2018         Martin Luther King Day
  • February 19, 2018       President’s Day
  • March 09, 2018           Jerusalem Marathon
  • March 30, 2018           Good Friday
  • April 06, 2018             Passover (Last Day)
  • April 19, 2018             Israeli Independence Day
  • May 4, 2018                Giro d’Italia 2018 Cycling Event
  • May 11, 2018              Closed for Public Services
  • May 14, 2018              Closed for Public Services
  • May 15, 2018              Closed for Public Services
  • May 20, 2018              Shavout (Pentecost)
  • May 28, 2018              Memorial Day


For more information regarding Consulate closures, please click here

All applications for Consular Reports of Birth Abroad (CRBA) and first-time passports require an appointment. New passports take approximately three weeks to arrive in our office. You should apply at least one month in advance of any planned travel to allow time for your new passport to arrive. Please be aware that all U.S. citizens must be in possession of a valid U.S. passport to enter and exit the United States.

Children born abroad for whom one or both parents are U.S. citizens may have a claim to U.S. citizenship. If the parents meet the legal requirements to transmit citizenship to their child, the American Citizen Services (ACS) Unit will issue a CRBA. The parents may also obtain a U.S. passport and social security number for the child. For details on the requirements for transmitting citizenship, please click here. At least one parent must have been a U.S. citizen at the time of your child’s birth in order to pass citizenship to your child.

We recommend that you report the birth of your child as soon as possible after birth. It is not normally possible to issue a Consular Report of Birth Abroad for a child who is over the age of 18, but the child may still be documented as a U.S. citizen and issued a passport.

Applying for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad takes time. You should expect the application process within the ACS Unit to take between one to two hours.

Steps to Apply for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad in Jerusalem

Applying for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad and first-time passport at the Consulate General in Jerusalem includes three steps:

  1. Document Submission: Email your completed application form to the Consulate General. Please note that the response time for application requests is up to 5 business days.
  2. Review: Once we have reviewed your application, we will email you your appointment day and time. If your application is missing any information, we will let you know.
  3. Appointment: Come to the Consulate General at the appointed day and time with all of your application forms and required original documents, photocopies of original documents, as well as any additional documents requested by consular staff.

Please also read our security requirements closely. You will be required to leave your baby carriage at our security checkpoint.

In addition, take note of the following points:

  • If your child qualifies for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad, you may also apply for a passport and Social Security number for him/her. For details on the requirements for a passport application, please click here. To apply for a Social Security number for your child, complete this form (PDF – 238KB) and bring it with you to your appointment.
  • Only one U.S. citizen parent and the child need to come to the Consular Section to apply for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad. However, if you are also applying for a passport for your child, the child must be present and both parents must either appear or provide notarized consent for the passport’s issuance. For further information, please visit this page.

To submit your application materials for review and receive an appointment for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad, click here.


To ensure you are prepared for your appointment to apply for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad, please make sure you read the Reporting a Birth Abroad section of the website carefully. If you just need the correct forms, please follow the links below: