Report a Lost or Stolen Passport

Effective October 1, 2016, all U.S. citizens will be required to include their correct Social Security Number (SSN) on their passport application.  If you have never applied for a SSN you will be required to sign a declaration under penalty of perjury attesting to this fact.  Refusal to provide your correct SSN can be grounds for passport denial.

Effective November 1, 2016, eyeglasses will no longer be allowed in passport photos.



To make an appointment to replace your lost or stolen passport, please visit this page

If your passport is lost or stolen, you should report its disappearance to the local police, if possible. We also ask that you contact us as soon as you realize that your passport has disappeared so that we may electronically cancel it, thereby preventing an impostor from misusing it.

Following are the requirements to file an application to replace your passport. Please read the instructions carefully. Failure to follow them could significantly delay your application or unnecessarily extend your visit to the Consular Section.

  • You must appear in person to file your application. If the applicant is under 16 years of age, the child and both parents must appear in person. If one or more of the parents cannot come in person, he or she must meet the requirements for providing consent for passport issuance.
  • Submit a properly completed Application for a U.S. Passport (Form DS-11) (PDF – 89KB).
  • You may now electronically submit form DS-64 to report your passport lost or stolen! Simply click here to get started, or print the PDF version Statement Regarding a Lost or Stolen Passport (Form DS-64) (PDF – 51KB).
  • Submit the police report, if available.
  • Submit proof of U.S. citizenship, which may include, as available:
    • a birth certificate issued in the United States
    • a Consular Report of Birth Abroad
    • a U.S. Certificate of Citizenship
    • a U.S. Certificate of Naturalization
    • a foreign passport showing entry into the United States on an immigrant visa under the Child Citizenship Act of 2000
    • an expired U.S passport
    • If you cannot locate any proof of your U.S. citizenship, we will attempt to obtain electronic records of your previous U.S. passport through our computer database. However, we cannot guarantee we will be able to locate these records until the day of your interview with a consular officer.
  • Submit proof of identity, such as the following, as available:
    • a passport
    • a valid driver’s license with photograph
    • a national identity card with photograph
    • a valid U.S. or state government identity card
    • a U.S. military identity card
  • If the applicant is under 16 years of age, submit evidence of relationship, such as the following:
    • Minor’s certified U.S. birth certificate with both parents’ names
    • Minor’s certified foreign birth certificate with both parents’ names
    • Minor’s Consular Report of Birth Abroad with both parents’ names
    • Adoption decree with adopting parents’ names
    • Court order establishing custody
    • Court order establishing guardianship
  • One passport photograph that meets our strict photo specifications.
  • Name change documentation (if applicable). If you have changed your name or one of a child’s parent’s names no longer matches the name as it appears on the evidence of relationship, you must provide documentation of the name change.
  • Fee of $105 for a child or $135 for an adult. See our fee schedule for details on what forms of payment are accepted.

Delivery of issued documents

The delivery time for a passport is generally two to three weeks. You may either pick up your issued passport at our office or have it mailed to you. When you come to the Consular Section for your appointment, you can arrange courier delivery by one of our contracted courier services. The courier service will either deliver your documents directly to your chosen address or call you for pick-up at one of its distribution centers. You may also, if you wish, submit a self-addressed, stamped envelope with at least 16.70 NIS of postage for one passport, more if you would like us to return multiple passports to you. If you receive an emergency, limited-validity passport, it will be given to you the same day.

Scheduling an appointment

Appointments are required for all passport services.  To make an appointment, please visit this page.  If you have an urgent need to travel before the first appointment is available, please read these instructions regarding requesting an emergency appointment.